Field Support - Help Desk Technician
POSITIONField Support/Help Desk Technician
LOCATIONBased in Gravette, AR
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTSNone (Relocation Package n/a)
- A Field Support (Help Desk) Technician to answer calls primarily from our technicians in the field, to monitor site progress, to instruct and advise on scope changes, to troubleshoot/escalate issues through appropriate paths as needed, and accurately record all the aforementioned.
- Respond to telephone calls and other inbound requests for technical support.
- Log and track all site information using R&R customized web portal, maintain project collateral and problem documentation.
- Properly identify, research, and resolve technical problems for technicians by providing knowledge gained and through a knowledge database.
- Prioritize technician incidents, requests, and complaints to ensure that inquiries are resolved appropriately, and applies the escalation process when necessary.
- Update the Team Leads, the Project Managers, and the PMO with notification of impacting issues, and report on-going issues through trend analysis.
- Continuously update site logs with information provided by technicians in the field.
- Monitor technician time on site and escalate.
- Follow up with technicians to ensure that their issues are resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- React to high priority issues, and escalate impacting issues to Help Desk Manager.
- Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of related Help Desk or technical support experience
- Practical knowledge of POS systems
- General knowledge of networking principals
- Proficiency in MS Operating Systems and the MS Office suite
Level 2 Requirements:
- Hands on experience with Linux command line
- Some experience with remove Linux administration, operational support and problem resolution.
- Intermediate proficiency with network communications and configuring devices from the physical layer to the tranportation layer. Must understand layer 2 and layer 3 network communications.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work overnight if required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow providing accurate documentation and accountability
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions, with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Versatility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Desire to be a member of a small team supporting technology deployments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
APPLYINGIf your qualifications match our criteria and you’d like to apply, please apply immediately.
R&R Solutions will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.