Fleet Dispatcher - 3PL Agent
POSITIONFleet Dispatcher - 3PL Agent
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTSNone (Relocation Package n/a)
- Responsible for executing load assignments to meet both internal and external customer requirements. The Fleet Dispatcher will seek to optimize the utilization of assets to meet customer schedules, service levels, revenue and profitability goals and driver needs.
- Provide load planning, coordination and dispatching to a high volume of drivers.
- Communicating professionally with customers, vendors, team members, and supervisors.
- Prioritize drivers’ schedules.
- Negotiate the best rates with vendors and the most cost-effective delivery options with customers.
- Provide accurate and detailed information regarding directions, load information, pick-up/delivery times and other special load related information.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers and fellow team members.
- Follow up and ensure compliance with state, government and local laws, rules and safety regulations.
- Ability to adjust, and adapt plans quickly to respond to all of the issues and changes involved with trucking, logistics and shifting customer needs.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Supervise drivers to insure on-time pick up and deliveries
- Two (2) or more years prior experience in a 3PL or trucking environment.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills along with organization skills related to maintaining control of details related to the transport and delivery of freight.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations and fast-paced environments.
- Familiar with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations.
- Ability to multi-task, moving a lot of people around at the same time, tracking their movements and keeping tabs on what they need.
- Operate equipment used in the repair or servicing of vehicles and equipment.
- Critical thinking skills-always looks for ways to improve processes and performance.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience with Transportation software a plus.
APPLYINGIf your qualifications match our criteria and you’d like to apply, please apply immediately.
R&R Solutions will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.